Our goal at CENTURY 21 Butler Realty, Inc. Property Management is to have satisfied landlords and tenants thus insuring income for the landlord from their investment and long-term tenancies. We accomplish this by doing the following:
- We inspect the property before a tenant moves in to make sure all heating, air-conditioning, appliances, etc are in working order. We will inspect the property when the tenant moves-out thus ensuring a well-kept and marketable property.
- Once a month we will drive by the property to make sure that the yard and the exterior of the property are being kept up. Any needed yard or exterior maintenance issues will be reported to either the tenant or the landlord depending on whose responsibility it is to perform the maintenance. This will catch minor issues before they become expensive ones.
- Bi-annually we will do a walk through inspection of the property and any needed repairs or maintenance will be reported to either the tenant or the landlord depending on whose responsibility it is to perform the repair or maintenance. Again this is with the hope of catching minor issues before they become expensive ones.
- Your property will be advertised on our website, on the Multiple Listing Service, on Craigslist, on fliers in our offices, in the News Press, and by placing for rent signs on the property. Per our management contract our properties that under full management will receive 4 weeks print advertising.
- All other advertising will be carried out at the landlord's expense.
Maintenance and Repairs:
- We have a comprehensive list of contractors and service providers, who have proven their reliability, to ensure every detail of your property is handled quickly, efficiently, and cost effectively.
- If you have a preference for a service provider we will be more than happy to use that person with your written request.
- We will obtain all necessary bids for maintenance and advise you, the landlord, of these costs as stated in the contract.
- With our routine inspections of the property's exterior and interior all maintenance and repairs should be kept to a minimum.
- We will have all repairs performed on the landlord's behalf up to the amount of the owner's reserve fund.
- At the end of each month along with the rental check the landlords will receive a copy of all invoices, receipts, and work orders for repairs or maintenance done on their property.
- The tenants are expected to report all repair issues to our office promptly so they can be fixed in a timely manner.
- After a repair has been completed a member of our staff will perform a quality inspection.
- All rent is due by the close of business on the first of each month.
- If the first is a Saturday, Sunday, or public holiday it then becomes due at the close of business on the next business day.
- On the 5th of the month all uncollected rents become past due and will incur a 6% or $50 late charge, whatever is greater.
- On the 15th of each month unless this is a Saturday, Sunday, or public holiday all checks and statements will be mailed to the landlord with copies of all paid invoices, receipts, and work orders for repairs or maintenance.
- We put all tenants through a careful screening process, which includes a credit check, confirmation of income levels, and verification of rental history.
- All tenants are notified in writing as to the application criteria with the rental application form. It can take 5 to 10 business days to verify all the applicant's information to clear an applicant. The property will remain on the rental market until the applicant is approved and until all fees and deposits have been paid in full.
- If there is more than one applicant qualified to rent the property the applicant who is approved first will be given first option to rent the property.
- All applicants must be over the age of 18.
- Fee of $20 must be paid to process the application.
- Each applicant must fill out a separate application form.
- Married couples need only pay one fee but each person must fill out an application form.
- We will request information to verify employment and employment history.
- All applicants must provide at least two sources of identification including one piece of photo identification.
- Previous rental history will be examined and references are required.
- If the applicant has been a homeowner over the past 2 years we will ask for proof of ownership and mortgage payment history.
- All applicants must submit to a credit check.
- If an application is denied the applicant(s) will be notified by mail.
- We will provide a property assessment with information that will help provide you with the greatest return on your investment.
- We will advise you on competitive rental rates based on location, physical condition of the property, and market conditions.
- We closely monitor rental payments to make sure all rents are paid on time.
- Once a month the landlord will receive a record of receipts and disbursements and an income and expense report. Included will be copies of all work orders and paid invoices associated with your property along with your monthly check.
- We are continuously monitoring changing market conditions to ensure profitability for our landlords and affordable housing for our tenants.
- Before a lease expires we will review the tenant's history for making rent payments on time, their care of the property, and advise the landlord of any needed repairs or maintenance before renewing the lease or finding new tenants. The intent is to minimize rental losses and maximize income.
- Any mortgage payments and disbursements are made in a timely manner.
- Other services, such as income and expense reports can be generated but may incur additional charges depending on your requirements.
Copyright © 2003 CENTURY 21 Butler Realty, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. Neither CENTURY 21 Butler Realty, Inc. nor its service providers are liable for any errors or inaccuracies in the information provided through this website. © 2008 Century 21 Real Estate LLC. CENTURY 21© is a registered trademark licensed to Century 21 Real Estate LLC. Equal Housing Opportunity. Each Office is Independently Owned and Operated.. "Average A Home A Minute" represents an average based upon all homes bought or sold through CENTURY 21© Franchises during 1996. Equal housing opportunity.